Wednesday, December 10, 2008

life

Ok so I didn't know what part to put in of my book I'm currently working on. You kinda have to know the beginning to understand the rest so I'll just put the first little bit!
Hay I also need lots of help on the title! (and the rest for that matter!!)

Preference
It all happened so fast, one minute I’m driving the next I’m laying next to the love of my life in a hospital bed. Bairly able to move I watch him breathe. It was so slow that I had to rely on the beeping sound in the background to tell me he was alive. I didn’t fully notice the doctors racing all around us screaming trying to figure out what happened. No I was to concentrated on the questions popping into my own head. The questions I couldn’t answer. What happened? What was wrong with me? Why couldn't I move? And the dreaded questions I couldn't help but asking. What was wrong with him? Why wasn't he moving?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“ Excuse me, miss?”
I turned to see who it was. Although I hadn't heard the voice in years I knew exactly who It was. It was Mike Lester I couldn't remember the last time I saw him. But there he was standing in the restraint my father owned (and where I currently worked as a waitress.) It was odd to see him there, like a forgotten memory from so long ago that you just happend to remember.
“Addie is that you?” he almost yelled.
His sudden realization broke through all the thoughts and questions going through my head.
“Ya its me.” I barley managed to choke out.
“You've changed!! Well I guess five years will do that to you! I love your short spiky hair!”
My short brown spiky hair what did that have to do with anything? Well at least I figured out how many years it’s been.
“Addie? Addie are you ok? You don’t look so good. Maybe you should sit down.”
There was concern in his voice. Just like on the day he moved. The day he asked me the very same question. But that was five years ago when we were seventeen….
“No. No. I’m fine. Its just. I cant believe its you! You look exactly the same well except now your not a string been! Just kidding you look great! What are you doing here? And has it really been five years?”
There were so many questions I wanted to ask him. But I let him answer the first few before I laid the rest of my questions on him like a truck dumping its load.
“Ya it has and am I supposed to-”
“ADDIE!!” my dad screamed from the kitchen interrupting Mike. “Stop wasting your time talking and get to work!!!” I called back “dad I um. I’m taking the rest of the day off to um. To well hang out with an old friend." And so we left.
I couldn't tell you how long we were gone or even what we talked about. But I know one thing for sure. I fell in love with him again. It wasn't as strange as I thought it would be. Falling for his perfect white smile, his crazy spiky arborn hair and his crystal clear blue eyes. No it was the same as last time. Easy. I hated myself for falling for him again. I had lost him once and I wasn't about to go through that pain again....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I woke up in the middle of the night sweating and panting. I had a nightmare about me and mike getting in an accedent. We were both laying in hospital beds. But the only thing I could see or hear was the machine telling me we were both still alive for now.
Well thats all I'm going to put on it's to long to put more on so ya!

4 comments:

Ninja Vampire said...

That was AMAZING!!!! It was really descriptive and it made me wonder what was going to happen next. Keep up the good work!! I look forward to reading more.

Kimberly said...

That was really good. I love your use of dialogue! I think I would actuallly loose the very first sentence and begin with "Barely able to move, I watch him breathe." That is such a great sentence.

Kimberly said...

That was really good. I love your use of dialogue! I think I would actuallly loose the very first sentence and begin with "Barely able to move, I watch him breathe." That is such a great sentence.

.:♥river♥:. said...

you are a wonderful writer, very good at describing what the character is feeling