Sunday, December 21, 2008

How Do You Know?

Okay, so I just joined this thing and I've spent forever just trying to figure it out. Having grown up in the 21st century you might think I would understand how to use a blogging website.

Well I don't. I never blogged before in my life....

But I didn't post this to whine about my lack of blogging expertise, I'm posting this to ask a question.

How do you know if a book is worth revising and editing?

I wrote a book and I'm wondering if the plot and story is even worth rewriting and editing. So how can you even tell?

7 comments:

.:♥river♥:. said...

I asked the same question a while ago and everyone told me that if I want to revise or edit it than I should.
But I personally think that if you know the plot well and you think you can make it better than go for it.

Michelle said...

Yeah I say it's exactly what I told her: if you feel like it's worth editing, it probably is. Also if the idea is unique and interesting those are probably good hints that it is worth fixing.

Inspiration Everywhere said...

I know, but I don't know if I think it's worth re-editing that's why I asked! I don't really know what I think about it!

Michelle said...

Is it the book you wrote for nanowrimo? If it is you should because I really liked that idea.

By the way I like your picture.

Inspiration Everywhere said...

Yeah it's the book I wrote for NaNo. The idea was okay but i dunno about the finished project, which strayed a bit far from the idea. Maybe I'll let you read it and you can tell me.

lol thanks

Michelle said...

ok you should do that

Kimberly said...

Does your book haunt you? Does it keep you up at night? Have your characters taken on a life of their own in your head (and you can sometimes hear their comments?) Does your brain fiddle around with your story or characters when you are supposed to be doing your algebra? Does the idea of it still interest you?
Then there is probably work still to be done...
Remember, "finishing" the book is not the goal...it is what you discover along the way.