Friday, December 5, 2008

Here's my Prologue!

Hey, Peoples! This is the Prologue to my story, "Bully Agent." I worked on it a little bit, and it introduces the main character a bit. Hope you like it!


Prologue--

Hello. My name, is Steven. If you looked at me, you would seeva normal boy of 14 with sandy hair and freckles. I carry the normal teenager items around with me: a wallet, a pen, a watch… but I am no normal teenager. Confused? The key word here is look. Don’t judge a book by its cover. That’s my key phrase. Things aren’t always what they seem. Most of the “normal” items you see me carrying are not considered very, well, normal.
Let me explain.
I’m a Secret Agent. I work for the UCSA (stands for Under Cover Secret Agency), and I’m in the Anti-Harassment Department. My job is to protect students from bullies. There are many young agents in the Anti-Harassment Department, But there are only a few in each school. The school I’m assigned to is Destry Ray Middle School.
My every day items are really secret agent tools. Like my pen for instance. It can be used as a pen, but it is also a grappling hook, a lock pick, a laser… My watch is a multiple gadget device, complete with radio, sonar, tripwire, and cloaking device. My wallet, I don’t even want to get into. All of these items prepare me for anything that is to come. You never know when a kid will show up at school with a gun. But, let me tell you when something major happened at school. And when I say “major”, I’m talking about bullying. Well, this major day was on the fourteenth of May, when the school lowered the price of pop in the vending machines. That meant more takers. And that meant more bullying. The victim here is named Carson Drew.



Enjoy! ~Lightning~

3 comments:

Ninja Vampire said...

That was WAY good. It really kept me into it, and it made me want to know more. You have a really incredible writing style, and I definitely want to read onward.
One thing that I think could (but doesn't have to) change is the "UCSA" thing. The name "Under Cover Secret Agency" could stand to be more individual and less, um, bland. Not that your prologue is bland, bevcause you did a fabulous job. Keep up the great work!! I look forward for you to post more.

Eve said...

I agree all the way with Ninja Vampire! You have a really... individual writing style! Very intriguing! Keep up the good work!

Annie Bakker said...

I agree also. It so made me want to keep reading! but I didnt love the "UCSA" thing that much.