Monday, December 8, 2008

A couple of thoughts from Mrs. Cheney

  • I think you guys are doing a great job of giving good feedback while staying positive and supportive. Keep it up!
  • There was a question about whether people could steal our ideas from our posts. Unfortunately, the internet makes it really easy for people to plagiarize. Be aware that it is possible that someone will read your idea and take it for his/her own. My advise is to be careful with what you post. You may want to limit your posting to early drafts of your ideas. You can protect your writing by copyrighting it. Look here for information about copyrighting. I will also put this link in the side bar for future reference.
  • I would like to add a weekly or bi-weekly writing contest to the blog. Only contributors would be allowed to enter the contest. Please vote in the poll on the side bar so I can see if it's worth the effort.
  • If you know of any events you would like to publicize on the blog, let Mrs. Kennedy or me know. I would like to list open mic nights, poetry slams, book signings, etc. If there is enough interest, we would like to get a group together to attend an open mic night in Brigham City.
  • There was a question about joining the club. If you go to our school, you can join our club. We meet every other Thursday after school in Mrs. Kennedy's room. Anyone can come any time. I will add a schedule of meetings to our side bar.
  • I'm glad you're enjoying this. Keep up the fun times!

2 comments:

louay louay said...

Hey, lightning!
I think it's so cool you want to post a lot of your work! it's a good idea to have your own blog also.

Eve said...

So... For the 9th graders, since they won't be at the middle school, but will be at the high school, will they still be allowed to come to group meetings?