Sunday, May 10, 2009

Re: Poetry Slammage

Just out of curiosity, what did all of you fellows think about the poetry slam? Reactions? Observations? Claims of epic win? I'm just wondering because I have nothing better to reflect upon/do right now (besides update my actual blog for no reason other than to rant about magazines someone found, Twitter, and my age-changing thing soonish and also talking about myself in a post on a school blog that should basically have nothing to do with me). I enjoy feedback and perspective, in short, is all. So to speak.

Uhhh, personally, I thought it was neat. But I didn't really pay much attention. I had to add up numbers and whatnot. Nothing to see there.

Yes. What did you think?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

To be quite honest, our hour was a little disappointing. I felt like most of the judges weren't looking for the things they should have been, like figurative language. There were a lot of poems that I heard that had so much meaning and were so good, but then they ended up giving them a six!

AmerahPerson said...

I can definitely agree with that.

I wanted to be a judge. :P

Mrs. Cheney said...

Yes, some of the judging was disappointing. We'll have to tweak that a bit next year.